Monday, February 27, 2006

Berlin


My present reality is unquestionably the result of years of dreams, constructions and deconstructions. My path, not always easy, was moulded from the many options made, options for which I am not sorry nor do I regret them.
I have given up a conventional lifestyle ages ago, and routine is not a word in my dictionary.
I live, and have always lived, in a constant contradiction between a tremendous state of conservatism in opposition to a repeated necessity to transgress. When I speak of transgression, I don’t mean the "drugs and rock and roll" which I leave to the pretend to be transgressors, the average person of this mass without lucidity with whom I share life on this planet.
My real source of learning is in the humanity of people, either elevated or not.
There is no Literature, History, Science or Art that have brought me better knowledge or showed me the infinite beauty and horror of this world. When I say a person, for analogy I mean a people or a country, and there is no better way to do it than to venture oneself in the world and get to know the people, the countries, and the cultures, despite the result, whether in the end one loves or hates it. I am moved by passions, very Latin in accordance with my origins but extremely mental in the analysis and the absorption of the feelings. The worse I can feel towards any thing is indifference; I prefer the extremes, always. I can not stand the average! I no longer feel the urge to travel, but I can not bring myself to stop. Sometimes I long for a vacation in house, without ever leaving, but as soon as I finish a trip another is already forming itself.
Thus being, I decided to create a new BLOG: a place where I recount my trips and voyages, adventures and disadvantages as if it was a diary. Obviously I don’t mean to be creating a window to the world, an illustrative Blog like a travel agency or tourism site, but as an inveterate individualist, I create this Blog for my own pleasure and remembrance. Always from the standpoint of a fetishist who always searches for the same in these places: Boots and Men who use them. I allow myself thus, to share the pertinent information, the experiences and feelings with those having the same tastes.
Of course I also do it for all curious people with open spirits.

Assim, como prometido, este Fevereiro reparto convosco uma das minhas cidades preferidas: Venha (re)descobrir ou (re)encontrar Berlim.

Welcome and enjoy...
Celso Junior